PSS brings you a detailed Analysis of an Emerging Market for Indian Exporters of Stationery, Paper Products and Office Supplies. So here we present you with few facts and figures:-
Country Profile: Vietnam, Capital: Hanoi, Largest city: Ho Chi Minh City
Official language: Vietnamese, Area: 331,698 km2
Population: 94,569,072 (2016 estimate)
GDP (PPP) 2018 estimate Total: $705.774 billion, Per capita: $7,463
Currency: DNG (VND)
- Hobby & Stationery, Vietnam
- Revenue in the Hobby & Stationery segment amounts to US$85m in 2018.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2018-2022) of 18.3%, resulting in a market volume of US$168m by 2022.
- User penetration is 11.0% in 2018 and is expected to hit 13.3% by 2022.
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) currently amounts to US$8.17.
Domestic stationery enterprises
Domestic enterprises related to Stationery are now actively investing in the production of stationery products to expand in Vietnam’s market of more than 90 million people.
Vietnam’s stationery market is valued at about $175 million annually and has seen average growth of 10 per cent per year since 2014, according to Viet Capital Securities. This has been helped by a large and young population as well as increasing demand for educational services and products, with consumers more inclined to pay for quality.
Some Interesting Facts:
- Ho Chi Minh City already has more than 1,500 family-owned stationery stores.
- Thailand’s Central Group opened its first-ever B2S stationery and supplies store in 2017 in Ho Chi Minh City’s Thu Duc district, nearby nine universities and four industrial parks. B2S is the first “package” stationery center in Vietnam providing B2S (Business to School) packagess, which allows customers to buy everything from furniture and equipment to office machines, computers, and the full range of office supplies.
Prominent Stationery Companies in Vietnam:
- Ben Nghe Stationery
- Hong Ha Stationery
- Thien Long Group
- Vinh Tien Paper Co-operative
- FUDA Stationery
- Hai Tien
- Paper Art Viet
- Phuong Nam Stationery
- Viet Craft
- Vietnam First Stationery
- Hanoi School Books & Equipment JSC
- Hanoi Book Publishing Company
Prominent Stationery Retailers in Vietnam:
- LOTTE Mart
- B2S Stationery Store
- Fahasa Book Store
- Phuong Nam Book Store
- Nguyen Van Cu Book Store
- Thailand’s Central Group
PSS recommends to Exhibit/Visit the event SCHOOL and OFFICE EXPO 2019 being organized from 9-11th Jan 2019 at International Centre of Exhibition (I.C.E), Hanoi, Vietnam to explore the market.